Celebrations of 100 years of worship in our Church of the Epiphany culminated in a marvellous service held on 16 November to commemorate the consecration of the Church in 1914. Archbishop Roger Herft presided at the service and spoke of his predecessor Archbishop Riley who travelled to Mundaring all those years ago to welcome a new Church. During the service Archbishop Roger blessed the newly installed centenary Dove sculpture inviting the artisans, Joan and Charlie Smith, to join him in the blessing.
More than 90 people attended the service, being mainly present and past parishioners together with Mrs Cheryl Herft, Frank Alban MLA and his family, Cr.Helen Dullard, Mundaring Shire President, Cr.Robert Perks, Revd Theresa Harvey and previous Rectors of Mundaring Parish. The service was complemented by the singing of our choir, led and accompanied on the piano by Clive Ruffell and Ron Raymond on the organ. After the service, 75 parishioners and invited guests enjoyed a 3 course gala luncheon served in the Church. Faith Nichols and her team from Commestibles quickly transformed the Church to accommodate the luncheon, while champagne and canapes were served in the Parish Centre, where people were able to look at the centenary merchandise, scrapbooks, Stories in Time and Time Capsule. The Church looked absolutely terrific and all was a truly fitting climax to our celebrations. Thank you to the large team of people who made possible a perfect occasion.